Scott C. Savett

Saturday, August 04, 2007

I got goosebumps watching this video

Some of you know that I've been flying a lot recently, especially between Trenton and Boston. When I came across this YouTube video, it sent shivers up my spine. It shows what happens when a jet engine consumes a bird upon takeoff.

Hats off to the cockpit crew for keeping so calm. I realize their aircraft, a Boeing 757, is fully capable of flying on one engine for extended time (180 minutes) if the other engine fails. But it still must be an unsettling experience to have half your power (and a good deal of your stopping capability without reverse thrusters on one engine) knocked out.

If you are an aviation enthusiast or somebody who flies a lot, enjoy the video here or here. The videographer, Simon Lowe, does an excellent job documenting the entire event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home