Scott C. Savett

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A message for Comcast's marketing department

I have a great idea for Comcast's marketing department: stop sending me glossy leaflets on a daily basis. The way I figure it, they must spend at least $10 per month getting the word out to me, an existing customer. Instead of trying to milk more money out of me year after year, just keep my cable rates steady. The latest glossy brochure offers digital cable for just $10 more per month than what I'm paying. Yeah, how about giving it to me for no additional money like a similar brochure a few weeks offered?

I've written before in this blog about the slowly increasing price for video cable service from Comcast. While it's true that an increase a few dollars a month won't kill my entertainment budget, it will leave a very bitter taste in my mouth. That same mouth is now chomping at the bit waiting for Verizon to finally lay FIOS they have been promising over the last couple months. Even when FIOS gets here, I'm not sure I'll drop Comcast immediately since I rely so heavily on their cable modem service for my tether to the outside world. But once Verizon has proven itself as a reliable ISP, Comcast can say goodbye to this subscriber.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home