Scott C. Savett

Friday, August 03, 2007

Support my fundraising efforts for the MS 150!

Please take a moment to consider supporting my involvement in the upcoming MS 150 bike tour. See the MS Web site for additional information.

It's that time of year again... time for me to start training really hard for the MS 150. As team captain for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Informatics team, I made the executive decision that we'd head back to Delaware for the "Bike to the Bay" instead of the tour we've done the last two years "City to Shore" in New Jersey. This year both tours are on the same weekend, so it's impossible to participate in both.

It was a tough decision between NJ and DE, but the smaller nature of the Delaware tour eventually won me over. There are about 1500 riders on the Delaware tour compared to 7000 on the NJ tour. From my memory, the rest areas on the Delaware route were better stocked and the event volunteers seemed genuinely friendlier. But then again, perhaps it was my perception as a rookie rider.

Our team is larger than it's been in the last couple years. With four of us signed up, it's 25% larger than 2006's showing. We'll be sporting newly designed jerseys with the Thermo Fisher logo.



I've set my fund raising target at $1000 for this event. Every little bit helps, so please donate what you can. Your donation is tax-deductible, and goes towards multiple sclerosis research and programs to help the patients who have the devastating disease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home