Scott C. Savett

Monday, July 09, 2007

Canon S400 in the balance...

The fate of my Canon PowerShot S400 should be known shortly. After battling with sporadic memory card errors, I learned that there is a consumer notice available on Canon's Web site discussing the problem. Based on the information on the notice, I phoned Canon at 800-828-4040, which sent me a free UPS return-mail label to send the camera back to them for evaluation. They should be receiving the camera on Tuesday, July 10. I'm told that it's normally a 7-10 business day turnaround.

If it turns out that my beloved S400 is dead, I have had my eye on a Canon PowerShot SD900. With 10 megapixels (compared to the S400's lowly 4 megapixels), and the ability to shoot up to ISO 1600, I think the SD900 would be a nice upgrade to my nearly-four-year-old S400. Part of me has really had my eye on digital SLRs, but I'm not sure that I'm ready to dive in. My film SLR camera (also a Canon, if memory serves me) has been sitting idle since the S400 became my traveling companion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home