Scott C. Savett

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back in gear

The weather on Saturday afternoon was wonderful. Though it looked like it might rain the morning, by the late afternoon it was 70 and mostly sunny. It would have been difficult to not hop on my bike and ride for a bit.

So, even though I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel and (slowly) packing for the big move to Allentown, I loaded the bike onto the car and made my way to the Spring Mill access to the Schuylkill River Trail.

This was my first long ride of the year. It felt great to pedal 20 miles out to Valley Forge and back. The wind seemed to be fighting me for part of the way, but I still managed an average of over 13 mph. The other logistic difficulty was swarms of black gnats, which seemed to appear from nowhere and disappear just as quickly.

There were a couple changes on the trail since I rode on it last. Since the garage at the Norristown Transportation Center went up, they reconfigured the trail to make it a straighter shot, which is appreciated. I also saw that near the end of Conshohocken Road a new railbed has been laid. It looks like a grade crossing will be build across the road. I'm curious what industry in the area is paying for the spur and crossing to be built.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home