Scott C. Savett

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Spring is really trying to arrive

Mother Nature is trying her hardest to make a spring appearance. The daffodils in our flower bed are strutting their stuff. The bleeding hearts are also starting to appear, while the hostas are a bit slower to come out of their hibernation.

A true sign that spring has arrived was an unmistakable noise heard during my first long (8-mile) bike ride of the season. It was the Mister Softee jingle. I couldn't actually see the ice cream truck from my vantage point on the Schuylkill River Trail. At first I thought it was a figment of my imagination as I ended my ride -- some sort of subconscious message telling me that I deserved a cool treat for my pedaling. The tune started softly and crescendoed as I approached Lee Street in Conshohocken. My guess is that the truck was driving down Hector Street. I just smiled and kept pedaling, knowing that spring had sprung.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home