Scott C. Savett

Sunday, December 10, 2006

This is December?

The weather today was too nice to stay inside. Despite what the calendar said, it felt more like October or November as we visited the garden railway at the Morris Arboretum. There was lots of activity on the railroad, as the dozen trains traversed the various tracks. I enjoyed the Pennsylvania Railroad steam locomotive 838, which (after some Web research) appeared to be a K2 class 4-6-2, but I couldn't tell for sure. As we were watching, an arboretum worker refilled the steam generator and off it puffed across the trestle. Even though the garden railway is modeled in G-gauge and much larger than anything I could imagine, seeing such a cool layout has certainly rekindled my desire to set up my HO model trains. But it's currently quite low on the priority list. Perhaps in our next house...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home