Scott C. Savett

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lucky Strike Bowling

Today we had an official Thermo office outing. About 60 of us descended on the Lucky Strike bowling lanes at 13th and Chestnut Street. It wasn't much to look at from the street, but once we got upstairs to the 2nd floor it was quite an establishment.

The lanes were very nice, the bowling shoes weren't gross, and the service was excellent. Despite all of the stars aligning properly for a good time, I still couldn't muster a bowling score above 75. Truth be told, I have not bowled in several years, so I wasn't surprised at my inability to reproducibly hit pins.

After two rounds of bowling I switched to billiards, which I am a little better at. But don't look for me playing the role of a pool hustler any time soon.

In other news... I am pleased to report that I have raised $506 so far towards my goal of $1000 for the MS 150 bike tour. Don't forget that you, too, can sponsor me by clicking here. Every little bit helps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home