Scott C. Savett

Saturday, September 06, 2008

MS 150 fund raising under way



I got a later start than expected on my MS 150 fund raising this year. The event is Saturday, September 27, and I'll be riding with Team Thermo Fisher Scientific. At this point there are two of us on the team, which is somewhat disappointing since five people initially expressed interest. Paul Neralich and I hoping to get our colleague, Laura, to ride with us. Laura tells us she has recently acquired a bicycle to replace the one that was stolen. It's certainly a movement in the right direction.

Within 12 hours of kicking off my fund raising campaign on Thursday, September 4, I had received over $400 in donations. Just 12 hours later the total had jumped to over $650. Thank you to everybody who donated so quickly. You gave me a great boost of confidence about the event.

Currently I'm about a third of the way to my fund raising goal of $1700. If you'd like contribute a tax-deductible donation, please visit my participant page at: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/ssavett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home